Just popping in with a little check-in!
How are you doing today?
How did you sleep last night … have you gotten in any workouts this week … are you focusing on good, clean nutrition … and how is your mood?
I’m asking because all of that is RELATED.
When just one of those things is out of whack, it can throw everything else out of whack right along with it!
What made me think of this is that the computer that we use in our workouts for our remote Zoomers is having issues. It’s getting a little slow. Not acting like itself. Looking a little tired and worse for wear.
It happens to the best of us.
When our computers act up at the gym I jokingly turn to FitFam member Bev who yells out:
“I don’t do IT anymore! Just reboot it!”
Sometimes people need to reboot, too!
● A bad night of sleep can throw your hunger hormones out of balance, making you feel hungry … even if you’ve eaten enough
● A stressful day can leave you exhausted and craving comfort foods (and tempt you to skip your workout)
● Lack of activity can drain your energy and also leave you tossing and turning
● Eating too close to bedtime can make it hard to sleep
● Making a bad choice for a meal at the drive-through
● Too much sugar or not enough protein in your diet
All of these things and more can throw you off.
So … if you’re having one of “those days” … try taking a step back to look at the bigger picture – and then take JUST ONE ACTION to help you feel better (and get back on track).
Some ideas to help you reboot:
- Go outside for a brisk walk and fresh air – or make time for a workout
- Take 5-10 minutes to sit in a quiet space and do breathing exercises
- Make sure your next meal is healthy & made of whole foods (including veggies!)
- Double-check your water intake for the day
- Call a friend, your mom or someone you have wanted to connect with
- Go to the local animal shelter and pet some animals
This can be like hitting the “reset” button on your day and will help you make better choices moving forward.
What’s ONE action you can count on to RESET your day? Keep this in your back pocket in case you need it!
Having a “big picture” viewpoint can make all the difference in your fitness/wellness.
That’s just ONE REASON why working with an experienced coach can help you get the results you want! Not only will you have a complete roadmap to success, but also the accountability, support, motivation, and experience to help you feel great every step of the way.
If you are ready to ramp up your results, be sure to check out our JumpStart program. It’s not only like a reboot, it is a whole new operating system for your health and wellness!