A timely topic this time of year. Despite the issues around culturalism and my attempts to be more inclusive and engaged, I love this time of year for one reason:
It gives us pause to reflect on those things in our lives for which we are grateful.
My list every year seems to be endless:
- My loving wife
- My 614Fitness community
- My health
- My fitness
But let’s take a closer look at that last one – our fitness.
Many of you may not have put that on your list. But if you are engaged in a fitness lifestyle, there are many things for which to be grateful..
Fitness is more than just your physical well-being, it also contributes greatly to your spiritual, emotional and mental well-being.
From both my own experience and feedback from our 614FitFamily, here is our list of the top 10 things fitness brings into our lives for which to be grateful.
10 REASONS TO BE THANKFUL FOR FITNESS
1. Exercise helps us cope with stress and anger and allows us to release that tension in a healthy way.
2. Exercise keeps us healthy and helps to ward off sickness and reduces your risk for chronic illness. Studies have shown that regular exercise can give a boost to your immune system and prevent you from getting sick as often. It can also reduce your risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and osteoporosis and much, much more.
3. Exercise is a great social experience, especially at 614Fitness. When we exercise with friends, family or other dedicated fitness athletes, our fitness is suddenly more fun and sustainable. Not to mention the bonds and friendships shared around a love of fitness.
4. Exercise benefits the mind. It can help you think more clearly. More and more studies are showing that a regular fitness routine helps to increase cognitive function and improves blood flow to the brain.
5. We don’t HAVE to do it, we GET to do it. Exercise is a blessing, not a chore. Holidays are great at reinforcing why we should be thankful for fitness. When we work out we can be grateful that we are physically able do so.
6. We get to keep our bodies in peak condition. Proper exercise provides you with a total body, cardio and weight training workout. It helps you grow stronger, build endurance, and improve your overall quality of life.
7. Exercise helps boost your confidence and mood. Your progress and positive changes over time are the engine that drives your success . Who doesn’t love it when they look in the mirror and see that all their hard work is making a difference?
8. One small success can lead to many more successes. Exercise allows you to set goals, smash those goals, and challenge yourself to achieve greater success.
9. When we exercise, we can turn back time. It is a proven, scientific fact that engaging in vigorous exercise is the only real fountain of youth. Keeping in peak physical condition is proven to prolong our vitality lifespan. And who doesn’t want to live longer-better?
10. And finally, admit it, exercise feels good! When you complete that tough workout, you may feel winded, but you also experience an overwhelming feeling of euphoria and accomplishment. A good workout can set the tone for how your whole day may unfold. It can leave you feeling more ambitious, goal-driven and can help you achieve all the items on your to-do list with a positive mind-frame and “can-do” attitude.
I’m sure you have many things to be thankful for this holiday season. I’m thankful you’ve read this email and hope you will put FITNESS on your “Things to be Thankful for” list!
Enjoy the holiday season. Stay fit and healthy!